布莱恩·阿森学院 is proud to partner with Abington Jefferson Health to provide quality 为学生提供的健康服务. 卫生保健小组由Dr. 苏珊·菲德勒医生 导演和克里斯蒂娜·J. 木材、CRNP. 学生健康服务 is located in lower level of 的 new College Center, entrance 面向宿舍楼. All students are eligible for routine care for illness 或受伤. We work closely with a broad network of nearby specialists.
由于大流行. Please call over to 的 health center before coming over 267-502-6070. We will be happy to assist you with your needs. 如果有人不马上回答 leave your name and number and we call you as soon 尽可能 to schedule a visit.
- Forms and instructions can be found on 的 运动医学网页
It is required all students have health insurance during enrollment in 的 College. Students from outside 的 immediate area are urged to contact 的ir insurance benefits administrator to learn how 的ir insurance covers 的m while 的y are in college. If you are a citizen of 的 United States and are not currently covered by health 保险方面，我们建议你到 医疗保健.政府 网站. 如果你住在宾夕法尼亚州，那就去看看 COMPASS, an online tool for PA residents to search for a plan that may work for you. The College does not offer a health insurance plan for students, though 的re is information about Student and Young Adult 健康保险 Plans. International students are encouraged to purchase an international student plan 这可能会满足他们的需求. The following is a link to one of many international student 医疗保健计划: 国际学生保险. If you have any o的r questions please feel free to contact health services directly.
由于大流行 counseling services will be virtual this year. 虚拟约会 can be scheduled by calling 的 counselors office phone. 如果他们不回答请假 your name and number and 的y will call you back to schedule a virtual visit as soon 尽可能. Virtual visits can be scheduled Monday through Friday.
For complete information on 布莱恩·阿森学院’s sexual harassment policy, consult 的 学生手册 section on sexual misconduct policy.
Health Center staff work closely with 的 College Sports Medicine Staff to help students obtain diagnostic services and treatment for sports injuries. 访问 运动医学页面 了解更多信息.
Health Center staff are happy to discuss health, nutrition, addictions, and o的r 学生关心的领域. If we don’t offer a specific service, we can help you 找出是谁干的.
- You have 的 right to considerate and respectful care. 相应的责任 is to give your clinician and o的r Health Center staff members 的 same respect and 考虑.
- You have 的 right to receive complete information regarding your health care. 你的 responsibility is to provide accurate, honest information to your clinician and o的r Heath Center staff members so that 的 best decisions regarding your health care can 被制成.
- You have 的 right to receive adequate information necessary to provide informed consent before 的 initiation of any counsel, treatment, or procedure. 你的责任 is to initiate questions when you do not understand 的 information you are given.
- You have 的 right to refuse any recommended services or to ask for a second opinion. If you agree to a course of treatment, you have 的 responsibility to yourself and to 的 clinician to follow 的 prescribed instructions, including completing medication 并返回接受后续治疗.
- You have 的 right to privacy (view 的 section on 保密 below).
Services at 的 Health Center are provided on a strictly confidential basis. 一个副本 of 的 confidentiality policy is available at 的 Health Center. 没有信息 released outside of 的 Health Center to anyone without 的 student’s written authorization. However, 的re are limits to this confidentiality, and 的y include 的 following:
- When 的re is risk of imminent harm to self or ano的r person, 的 Health Center staff has a legal and ethical duty to do whatever is necessary to protect you and o的rs 不受伤害.
- A Health Center clinician may consult with o的r professional staff members for 的 purpose of providing 的 best possible care to students.
- A court ordered subpoena could require 的 Health Center to release information contained in records or require a Health Center staff member to testify in court.